User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Everything in excess -- giving up....

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renidrag View Post
    Since remission and WG drug free, I had hoped to also be pain free but that is not the reality of my new normal. Not excruciating just there, every day,there. Some times I can put it in the back of my mind but not always. Then of course I have the Tinnitis (sp) at all times. Some times I wonder how I can fall asleep with all the noise in my head. Any way, didn't mean to go on so, just to say I know you will be ok, it is maybe your second new normal. Good to hear from you and best of luck. As an aside, I can't help but think we could all put up an new avatar like Anne's. Would be kinda fun to look at our healthy selves in younger days. Thanks Anne.
    Dale
    Dale, I have tinnitus also. Most of time I can ignore it, but others it drives me wacky. I use a fan at night when I sleep and that white noise helps a lot.
    Cindy

Earth is just a stopover and whatever you achieve there is only a small part of the deal. The Afterlife Of Billy Fingers

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vdub, I just listened to that webinar and they didn't really have a whole lot of new info that we all don't already now but he did mention about arthritis that a soft massage ( not a deep one ) and acupuncture can help relieve pain. I didn't know if you ever tried that ?
    Life isn't about how you survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain !

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi vdub,
    I am sorry for you pain is not easy to bear.
    I think that you are right, that stopping the fight to change it, may help and make things easier. at least you don't have to suffer the anticipation and frustration, and going to appt. with docs etc.
    rest and peace of mind are also kinds of meds.
    does your new avatar have a story ? does it mean that your daughter is home ?
    lots of hugs to you. I hope the pain will go away.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm so picking up what you're putting down vdub. I'm also feeling the same but it has to do with being in doctor's offices, or labs or hospitals. I am supposed to be going for regular blood tests but I just said to heck with it. I don't remember when I had my last labs.

Funny that whole pred love-hate thing. It really is the best for the pain and I think that's a tell tale sign that the pain is inflammation related. If the pred helps your pain, then you're having inflammatory issues... or that's how I understand it. I could be wrong.... it's happened before.

As for tweaking the 'cocktail', I'm with you on that one 100%. My doc refused to do anything with more than one drug at a time and giving it enough time so that we see how changing that 'one drug variable' changes the whole picture. She doesn't want to mess around and tweak with more because then you don't know what it is that's causing the positive or negative changes in status quo. That makes a ton of sense to me from a scientific perspective. So you do what you're doing and then when you decide to tweak, do it one at a time.

Take care buddy and I hope your pain goes away. I hate pain, and I'm pretty sure you do too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by renidrag View Post
    As an aside, I can't help but think we could all put up an new avatar like Anne's. Would be kinda fun to look at our healthy selves in younger days. Thanks Anne.
    Dale
    You're welcome, Dale. And that's a pretty good idea. I was only 7 in that pic and might be able to come up with one when I was an adult and didn't have Wegs.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by marta View Post
    I am supposed to be going for regular blood tests but I just said to heck with it. I don't remember when I had my last labs.
    oh, marta, I can't believe that. you ?
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    You're welcome, Dale. And that's a pretty good idea. I was only 7 in that pic and might be able to come up with one when I was an adult and didn't have Wegs.
    I like that idea too... I think we all see ourselves as the healthy version that we were before Wegs. so it'd be nice for others to see us as we see ourselves on the inside.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alysia View Post
    oh, marta, I can't believe that. you ?
    I can relate to Marta's doing this. If she feels pretty good most of the time, is out skiing and living a full life, and is tuned in enough to her body to know if something starts to turn in a negative direction, at which point I'm sure she'd go in for bloods. My doc has never had me do bloods as often as some here, which has bothered me a little, but on the other hand, my bloods are always OK. The one time I was flaring, I knew it, and bloods were done which proved I was. Not saying people shouldn't get bloods regularly whether they are flaring or not, just saying some of us know our bodies really well and can make our own judgements.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps I will try the fan, maybe it will make my snoring background noise for Deb. Here's the old (young) me.
    Dale
    Dx Aug, 2009 Remission June 2010 until 8/1/2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awww Dale, you are very cute
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast