Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bleeding

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara N View Post
    Thank you aLL for your encouragement and help. One thing you don't understand is that this is Spain and here we have a Fiesta for everything. this weekend was a 4 day fiesta so the only hospital staff you would get would be the maintenance people. I meet these WG doctors on Monday. From now until after the Three kings on the 6th of January we are basically in one giant fiesta. I have spent 2 Christmases in hospital here and they may as well send you home because no one is here they are all on holiday. I have just finished my course of antibiotics for the bladder infection but I know it has not completely gone away. at this time of year you just get substitute doctors who know nothing about your case and are likely to screw up your medication.. Friday I go down to 35 mgs. Are any of you on dialysis? I would like a first hand explanation of the whole procedure and how often and how long you are on the machine, what it is like having the shunt put in. It scares the s.........t out of me and to think it is for the rest of your life with no hope of improvement. Thanks again to all of you, Barbara
    Hi Barbara.
    when you will finally meet your docs, one of the things to insist on, is the continuity of their caring for you, no matter if there is fiesta or not.
    what antibiotics did you take for the uti ? I tried 3-4 types untill I found (I hope so) the one that helps. mine is called macro-dantin or nitrofurantoin.
    take care and update us. I am sending you my love and my praying.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Here, in this forum, I have found my sweet eternal love, my beautiful Phil.. :
    https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Barbara, the last thing you need is a month of fiestas and no suitable docs to look after you! It seems very strange that a country or culture would allow good medical care to be cut off so that everyone can celebrate! I hope that the WG docs you meet next week will be just what you need and maybe will be serious enough about your case to forgo some fiesta time. I can't comment much on the bleeding because I don't have that, but am sure the others above know what they are talking about. I did just notice a more prominent than usual WG rash has appeared on my forearm sometime today. I guess it is increased disease activity from a lot of stress the last few days. I am also trying to taper pred at the low end of the range. The red dots do seem like bleeding under the skin, and I wonder if it is related in any way to the kind of bleeding you are having. Probably not; they sound too different.
    Hi Anne,
    I didn't see yet if you post about it in a new thread, but if not, please do it.
    I don't know much about it. but prob others will know better.
    is it wg-related ? maybe it is a wound from something ?
    please write more. I am worried about you.
    Alysia
    dx 2008

https://www.wegeners-granulomatosis.com/forum/threads/4238-pberggren-memorial-thread
    "You are my sunshine", he used to sing to me... "you make me happy, when skies are grey" I still answer him.
    Rest in Peace, my brave Batman and take care of your weggies from heaven, until we meet again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, Alysia, this is a little rash that some of us get on our forearms or maybe our legs when we are stressed or maybe when tapering pred. It is just a little collection of small red dots, and they usually go away after a couple of days. Mine are already fading, but I was a bit alarmed because last night I noticed them all of a sudden and they seemed darker and more numerous than usual. Today they look much more normal, and I am not worried. I have read of several others on here who get these dots, though not everyone does, I guess. They are nothing like the severe purpura rash that we see pictures of, and I'm sure they are nothing like the bleeding that Barbara is experiencing. They are just a little reminder that I still have Wegs. Thanks for worrying about me, but please put your mind at ease.

I think if you search "Wegs rash" or "red dots forearms" you might find some posts about this.
    Last edited by annekat; 12-11-2013 at 05:57 AM.
    Anne, dx'ed April 2011

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    Oh, Alysia, this is a little rash that some of us get on our forearms or maybe our legs when we are stressed or maybe when tapering pred. It is just a little collection of small red dots, and they usually go away after a couple of days. Mine are already fading, but I was a bit alarmed because last night I noticed them all of a sudden and they seemed darker and more numerous than usual. Today they look much more normal, and I am not worried. I have read of several others on here who get these dots, though not everyone does, I guess. They are nothing like the severe purpura rash that we see pictures of, and I'm sure they are nothing like the bleeding that Barbara is experiencing. They are just a little reminder that I still have Wegs. Thanks for worrying about me, but please put your mind at ease.
    whewww... thanks God
    Alysia
    dx 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barbara,
    Are you any better? You have been on my mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12