User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I need your help interpreting symptoms!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Psyborg View Post
    I had no discernable gall stones or anything of the sort, it seriously was only the Hida scan that showed anything going on. And I had a completely destroyed and full of sludge gall bladder.
    Yup, that's common. The GB is almost as sneaky as the Wegs dog.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dryhill View Post
    Sangye what are beets? Are they what we in the UK call beetroot, a round tuber that is a dark red/purple in colour, cooked and then normally eaten cold? If so they are also very good for lowering blood pressure and Al bad on you they are wonderful and you can tell your wife I think she has grounds for divorce on grounds of culinery cruelty.

Jim
    LOL Yes Jim, beetroots are the same thing as beets. I didn't realize you Brits called them something different. Why don't you call potatoes "potatoroot?"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dryhill View Post
    Sangye what are beets? Are they what we in the UK call beetroot, a round tuber that is a dark red/purple in colour, cooked and then normally eaten cold? If so they are also very good for lowering blood pressure and Al bad on you they are wonderful and you can tell your wife I think she has grounds for divorce on grounds of culinery cruelty.

Jim
    All right, Jim, you've shamed me, even if I can't quite believe that beets are as wonderful as you say. Stiil, I'll look up all information in beet salads--just as soon as wikipedia comes back on line, The fact that given all my assorted quirks and culinary (and other) indiscretions my wife still hangs out with me after all this time, suggests that my wife wouldn't leave me over some stupid root, but I will have to say that she was impressed that you and Sangye will have gotten me to do something she couldn't in 41 years....

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must say I'm guilty of disliking beets...my mom says even as a baby I would spit out beets. Maybe that was why I had gall bladder issues
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must say I'm guilty of disliking beets...my mom says even as a baby I would spit out beets. Maybe that was why I had gall bladder issues
    I'll let you know, Bob, if I come up with something edible to a confirmed miso-beetist.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had no discernable gall stones or anything of the sort, it seriously was only the Hida scan that showed anything going on. And I had a completely destroyed and full of sludge gall bladder.
    Hi Kathy, Gallbladder was my first thought also.

My daughter had the exact type of pains for a few months before her 18th birthday.
    It got so bad that we went to the A&E and they found that she did not have any stones but what they found in the scan was sludge.
    Her blood test results went through the roof in regards to her liver and also her bile ducts, and the doctors were very worried about her.
    We found out later (after the gallbladder was removed) that it was actually the pain killers (codeine) and also the nexium that she was given to help relieve the stomach spasms that caused her WBC and LFT's to be sky high.

In then end, when the gallbladder was removed, they actually found that the sludge was not a big problem after all but it was something under the gallbladder called the sphincter of oddi and it became inflammed with the pain killers....... no pain killers (codeine based ones) for her equals no stomach pain and normal blood test results.

All very interesting.

And I love beetroots ...... in sandwiches, salads, etc. It is very good for the blood pressure ....... but aside from that, I think they are yummy
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I LOVE beets and have been a veggie lover (even spinach!) since I was a child (to the angst of all my brothers and sisters as I gained favor the dinner table each night as a "good girl" who ate all her vegetables!).

It has been interesting to hear your stories and will use the info when I see my doc on Friday. I saw my GP yesterday and she mentioned a possible issue with the meds creating an ulcer and increasing the Nexium to twice daily and gauge any improvement. I have a hiatel hernia and in 2010 had an endoscopy. GI doc said all was ok at that time. I think my docs are going to refer me to a GI in their group at MCV for evaluation.

Another question--what has been the frequency and length of the attacks??

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kathy, I think it may be your wegeners acting up or a sluggish gallbladder. I was told by a general surgeon usually the sluggish gallbladders are the most annoying and painful. Hida scan will catch the gallbladder in the act. You should get a hold of your Wegs doctor. Good luck.

Natural Bridge Station, VA; Grandy, NC (OBX); formerly Fredericksburg, VA
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was ready to go to doc today then his office called and rescheduled for Monday morning. Hoping this weekend is quiet ... A friend's hubby had the GB sludge issue with no rise in liver enzyme numbers until it had started rupturing and leaking. They symptoms kept coming and going and mimicked mine. I keep thinking it's GB related. Still concerned it may be WG, too. I also got my GI records (including negative result for endoscopy in June 2010) and will probably connect with a new gastroenterologist at MCV to keep everything together. Praying for answers!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    LOL Yes Jim, beetroots are the same thing as beets. I didn't realize you Brits called them something different. Why don't you call potatoes "potatoroot?"
    Sangye, I will pass on your suggestion to some marketing people I know, I am sure that they will love the idea of a name change for the humble and cheap spud (potatoe). With clever advertising I am sure they will be able to convince us that they have come up with a brand new food product that is essential for our health, but it will cost four times as much as the potatoe.

Al, well I have done something right for once.

You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast