Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: how to calm my nerves

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in hospital waiting for my surgery any minute now. I'm impressed with the nhs on this occasion! I've been struggling at home with flu like symptoms, headaches, high temp for weeks - so I was admitted yesterday and found out that part of my septum has collapsed, and that I have a bad infection in the sinuses. I'm going into theatre now to get it sorted as my crop is through the roof.

I'm glad I don't have ti wait too long. My anxiety gets on top of me too. Ask your gp for a short course of diazepam or something to help tide you over....

Good luck mama x

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just keep on focusing on how great you are going to feel once the op. is done. You have gone through so much already, this is just one more hurdle.
    I will keep everything crossed that it goes as smoothly as possible. The very best of luck to both you and gwenllian111.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow Gwen, I hope everything goes well. Please let us know that you're okay!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope things go good and you get better gwen. I will definatly check out the internet for the info on the music sangye. thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mama2005 View Post
    I hope things go good and you get better gwen. I will definatly check out the internet for the info on the music sangye. thank you.
    The idea of music is potentially very powerful. The trick is in finding what works for you; it needs to have meaning. If, like me, you can't abide (and just get riled up from) more than 10 minutes of new age music, that won't help much. It all depends on what does it for you.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For anxiety i would try a minor tranquilizer that has short term effects and or hypnotherapy to learn self hypnosis to calm yourself down. Biofeedback relaxation therapy can also be very effective for people who have trouble learning to meditate.

Best wishes for success for you two and anyone else having surgery in near future. Very glad to hear the new developments in surgery help make it more bearable too. good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    The idea of music is potentially very powerful. The trick is in finding what works for you; it needs to have meaning. If, like me, you can't abide (and just get riled up from) more than 10 minutes of new age music, that won't help much. It all depends on what does it for you.

Al
    funny you should say that as this is very true for me too but for some odd reason the smashing pumkins calm me down in a way I cannot explain. Mostly the song Disarm.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My surgery has been delayed the surgeon won't do it because of my airway problems. Argh. :-(

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was really hoping for the relief of getting my sinuses cleared I've felt ill for so long it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so sorry to hear that. I had high hopes for you.
    lightning crashes
    leigh

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast