Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Guess What I Did?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    As of midnight I could finally announce that--for the first time since being dx'ed in 2006-- I made it a FULL YEAR without being hospitalized.

I hadn't told anyone, hadn't even mentioned it to my doctors. You know about things getting jinxed. And I'm fairly certain the Wegs dog has been waking up the past few weeks so I didn't want him to hear about it and take action. I totally outsmarted the Wegs dog. Heh.
    Congrats on staying out last year. My goal was to try limit hospital and nursing inpatient or over night stays to less than 30 days last year, but I too manage to avoid any over night stays. I figure outpatient and ER and Urgent care stuff is just routine care, right and that doesn't count. I did end up in an assisted living complex in December but am in the most independent apartment part so not sure how that counts. I figure this year some over night are likely if I have any of the surgeries being contemplated but hope I can avoid any serious GPA stuff and inpatient treatment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    WOW! One word: FANTASTIC!!!!!

I was only admitted to hospital 9 times last year.
    How long was longest stay?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sangye View Post
    Heh. I beat that record many times over, Phil.
    Remind me, once again, to count my blessings....

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great news Sangye Gotta stay outta the hospital...those places are FULL of sick people!!!
    ~ Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    How long was longest stay?
    Seventeen days.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by drz View Post
    Congrats on staying out last year. My goal was to try limit hospital and nursing inpatient or over night stays to less than 30 days last year, but I too manage to avoid any over night stays. I figure outpatient and ER and Urgent care stuff is just routine care, right and that doesn't count. I did end up in an assisted living complex in December but am in the most independent apartment part so not sure how that counts. I figure this year some over night are likely if I have any of the surgeries being contemplated but hope I can avoid any serious GPA stuff and inpatient treatment.
    Outpatient and ER stuff definitely can't count. That would have to go on another list to celebrate. LOL

I'm glad you've also avoided the big stuff, drz.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well done Sangye, did you feed the dog a bone or a nice juicy steak? You and Phil make me seem like an amateur, especially as I have been able to work at least half a week every week since mid July.

Jim
    You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give. Kahil Gibran

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good for you and for us. Its a happy dance when friends here in our forum are doing well gives the rest hope.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dryhill View Post
    Well done Sangye, did you feed the dog a bone or a nice juicy steak? You and Phil make me seem like an amateur, especially as I have been able to work at least half a week every week since mid July.
    That is fantastic new Sangye, but shouldn't we all be saying it in a whisper so as not to put the Jinx on for 2012. shhhh quietly now

Only two hospitalisations for me in 2011 and I am planning on none this year.......that is the plan, and I hope to stick to it.

I still work full time 5 days a week and am going to try to, somehow, fit some holiday time in for 2012. I am very bad at taking any time off and have over a years worth of leave due to me. I think I was saving them in case I needed them.

Best of wishes to you Sangye and everyone else on here for a hospital free 2012 and beyond
    Keep Smiling
    Michelle

Live your life in a way that you wouldn't be ashamed to sell the family parrot to the town gossip - WILL ROGERS

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YAY! Congrats to you.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast