Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Numb Feet

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Numb Feet

If you also suffer from them have you found anything to help - an ointment?, heating pad?, exercises?

I've had them since being diagnosed: 24/7. It's not so bad that I step on sharp things and don't realize, or I'm "hasseled" in some other way. Part of me is used to it, and then other days it bums me out: no more jogging. Hopefully at some later date though.
    It's gotta be the Pred, as I've not been on any other med as long/much as that. I pray it's not permenant, and yet I may not know anything till I'm back down to a minimal dosage.
    A part of me feels like I'm "contributing" to possible damage by not doing anything/looking into it, but again as long as one is on the meds...

David

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did have numb and tingling feet earlier in the year but it went away on it's own. I also had ingrown big toe nails this time as well and the left one went dead. I have almost no numbness or tingling anymore.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mine started about a month before I was diagnosed in my left foot, so I wasn't even on meds yet. Unfortunately, it hasn't improved at all. Doc says it is most likely permanent at this point. I just ignore it as much as possible...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

David, that is not likely due to pred. It sounds more like peripheral neuropathy-- a complication of Wegs. You gotta get it checked out. The longer nerves are affected the less likely they will heal. Having numb feet is very dangerous, as you don't know when you've injured yourself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have it, and it's worst at night when trying to sleep.... But it seems to be getting better since I've tapered pred to 10mg., and I don't know if it's that or that my Wegs is gradually being brought under control. I find that soaking the feet in hot water helps, at least temporarily.

Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If your feet are numb you have to be extremely careful about using hot water since you can easily burn yourself. Always test the water with your wrists or forearm--more sensitive than your fingers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still have it (almost three years now) and I agree with Sangye, peripheral neuropathy from Wegener's. Swelling is down, but numbness remains. Funny though it seems to be limited to some, but not all areas. Any way, I have given in to the thought that it will not get better. As long as it does not get worse I can deal with it. By the way, in remission and drug free (for WG) since June 2010.
    Dale

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i started to feel a numbness, when walking, in my right foot about a year ago.i mentioned it to my rheumy who sent me for an angiogram.this showed considerably reduced blood flow in the lower leg and foot.the consultant was reluctant to try and expand the veins as they were in such poor condition and if it failed i would lose my leg.he seemed to think it was down to vasculitis.a few months later i started getting severe hip pain.another angio showed that because of reduced blood flow to the femur, the head of the bone was dead.i was due to have bone decompression surgery,where they put healthy bone into the dead bone to reintroduce blood flow,but i had a heart attack before this could be done so the surgery was postponed for six months.i had a stent inserted into the main coronary artery and since then everything,heartwise, is going ok.most of the doctors were putting it all down to vasculitis but one did say it could be down to prolonged use of steroids.i have been on pred for five years now but i am currently down to 5mg.i would urge anyone with numbness to act on it immediately,my mobility has seriously decreased in the last year and not being able to walk my dogs is heart breaking for me.thankfully my wife does it but i miss it so much.
    john.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John, it's so nice to see you post again!! I miss you, my friend. I remember way back when you, Jack, Luce, Dee and Gwen would have me in stitches laughing. Big hugs to you

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly forgot all about you John. Nice to see you again as well. The British have such good humour.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast