Thread: introducting myself

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NicShaf View Post
    ...they'll help you though the forest.
    You know, Nicole, crummy people get an unfair rap. As any Hansel and Gretel will avow, crumbs cn be incredibly useful. (If you want to call me a great crumb, I would feel honored.) And we all need a lot of help traversing the sylvan wonderland we know as WG. Also, in terms of your metaphor, it is important to remember that there are many different trees in this Big Wood, and many odd, potentially dangerous critters. It is not helpful to characterize the place by to tight a description.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    You know, Nicole, crummy people get an unfair rap. As any Hansel and Gretel will avow, crumbs cn be incredibly useful. (If you want to call me a great crumb, I would feel honored.) And we all need a lot of help traversing the sylvan wonderland we know as WG. Also, in terms of your metaphor, it is important to remember that there are many different trees in this Big Wood, and many odd, potentially dangerous critters. It is not helpful to characterize the place by to tight a description.

Al
    Hmmm, point taken, how would you suggest we characterize WG? Would it have been more helpful to say "the wonderful people on this site will help you set up camp and teach you as much as they know about the wildlife of Wegs"?...Wild Life pun intended
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NicShaf View Post
    Hmmm, point taken, how would you suggest we characterize WG? Would it have been more helpful to say "the wonderful people on this site will help you set up camp and teach you as much as they know about the wildlife of Wegs"?...Wild Life pun intended
    Perhaps "crummy", in both senses, Nicole. For sure, it is a no-good disease, except that it can direct our wonderings in productive directions. Personally, I have learned a huge amount about the immune system, how the body works, how the medical-industrial complex operates, and my own place in the universe. Besides, I've made some really wonderful friends.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perhaps "crummy", in both senses, Nicole. For sure, it is a no-good disease, except that it can direct our wonderings in productive directions. Personally, I have learned a huge amount about the immune system, how the body works, how the medical-industrial complex operates, and my own place in the universe. Besides, I've made some really wonderful friends.

Al
    Al
    You are spot on (as we Irish say). Wegs made me wonder and learn about the immune system, most of which I learned on this forum but in the proces taught me that even though we are all minute in terms of the universe it is our collective human feelings and intelligence that makes us such important beings to loved ones, family and friends
    Brendan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Widthofacircle View Post
    Al
    You are spot on (as we Irish say). Wegs made me wonder and learn about the immune system, most of which I learned on this forum but in the proces taught me that even though we are all minute in terms of the universe it is our collective human feelings and intelligence that makes us such important beings to loved ones, family and friends
    Brendan
    Yes, Brendan. This is important. We can, and should, consider this disease at the molecular level. Yet, the intricacies and complications of this kind of study can give us a reductionist migraine. So we can, and must, I believe, also think of of WG in the human sense: what it means to be a living, loving, and productive members of families, communities, and, for that matter, the arc of the universe.

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, Brendan. This is important. We can, and should, consider this disease at the molecular level. Yet, the intricacies and complications of this kind of study can give us a reductionist migraine. So we can, and must, I believe, also think of of WG in the human sense: what it means to be a living, loving, and productive members of families, communities, and, for that matter, the arc of the universe.

Al
    Al
    Correct me if I am wrong but I think we are saying the same thing here
    Brendan

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Widthofacircle View Post
    Al
    Correct me if I am wrong but I think we are saying the same thing here