Quote Originally Posted by Kami View Post
I tapered much more slowly than 7 days, I went from 60 to 50 to 40 to 30 to 20 to 10 but went down a step every month, not every 7 days.
That would have been ideal also but I could barely get below 50 and I start having problems. Like I said the Drs knew this wasnt going to be easy for me from the start. In part because I had a beat up immune system from stage 4 cancer treatment. and the they had to surpress what I had. Ive predisone in the past but only a 5 or 10 mg taper dose for 7 days and when they told me what I would be taking I about fell over. I believe they are thinking that if they can get the breating under control then I will settle in and can taper, But the COPD is fighting me too. Outside of the WEGS, the pulmo wants to get the lungs stabilized. That would be a big help for me right now and the the way they treat COPD is with steroids also.Therein lies my dilema. I got hit with both at the same time. I went in for the breating problem and within a coupleof months I am dx'd with Wegs and it had already affected the lungs and kidneys as well as the sinus's.