User Tag List

Likes Likes:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Wegener's faux pas & dumb mistakes!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys are scraping the barrel if you have to resort to quoting Bart Simpson........lol.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did one of us quote Simpson? OMG! Don't even watch the show! Anyways, woke up this morning, ears a little clearer, deviated septum is gone and I can't believe how much air I was NOT getting. I will be stuffed up 'naturally' for a few days, no nose blowing I'm told. But, the 'new' procedure at Mayo for deviated septums no longer includes packing nor 'chipping' away at the cartilage...with new tech they just follow the camera, take a real sharp knife, trim away the affected parts, sew up the soft tissue left, and leave it. Very little bleeding last nite, still stuffy, but not allowed to blow nose till completely healed in there. So, operation successful for now...we'll see in a week or so once all swelling goes away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    Did one of us quote Simpson? OMG! Don't even watch the show! Anyways, woke up this morning, ears a little clearer, deviated septum is gone and I can't believe how much air I was NOT getting. I will be stuffed up 'naturally' for a few days, no nose blowing I'm told. But, the 'new' procedure at Mayo for deviated septums no longer includes packing nor 'chipping' away at the cartilage...with new tech they just follow the camera, take a real sharp knife, trim away the affected parts, sew up the soft tissue left, and leave it. Very little bleeding last nite, still stuffy, but not allowed to blow nose till completely healed in there. So, operation successful for now...we'll see in a week or so once all swelling goes away.
    Glad to hear the surgery seems to have been a success. I thought they were going to do something with your Eustachian tubes? To cut down the "wind tunnel" effect? Or was that you? Keep us posted on your recovery and all the improvements in your condition.

Anne

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by annekat View Post
    I thought they were going to do something with your Eustachian tubes? To cut down the "wind tunnel" effect? Or was that you? Keep us posted on your recovery and all the improvements in your condition.Anne
    Yup Anne, that is/was me. Eustachian tube had expanded to create that wind tunnel effect. In essence, what doc did is, based on my need for air and acceptable Eustachian diameters, she injected a form of collagen into areas of the tube to expand the tube so as to restrict the air flow. Make sense? Neither instances, tube nor septum were not connected directly to WG, but they are partial damages due to the original flare this summer...just cleanin up the mess as best as I can!!! LOL

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Don View Post
    ...just cleanin up the mess as best as I can!!! LOL
    Er, you talkin' about health matters here, or are you makin' a veiled dig at my lifestyle?

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Al View Post
    Er, you talkin' about health matters here, or are you makin' a veiled dig at my lifestyle?Al
    Ha! Methinks you think too much my friend! And/or you are very observant!! lmao!!! Can I say lmao on here????? LMAO!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know if this counts, but a couple months back I started using a neti pot. So one day, I went to work and dropped my pen. When I bent over to pick it up, some residual water came running out of my nose! Luckily it was early enough that only a couple people were in the office...but I make sure to get ALL the water out now
    Nicole

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NicShaf View Post
    I don't know if this counts, but a couple months back I started using a neti pot. So one day, I went to work and dropped my pen. When I bent over to pick it up, some residual water came running out of my nose! Luckily it was early enough that only a couple people were in the office...but I make sure to get ALL the water out now
    I have this happen quite regularly.......lol. Even when I try to get all the water out.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And then there is the chunks that will fly out of my nose and mouth.
    Phil Berggren, dx 2003

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pberggren1 View Post
    And then there is the chunks that will fly out of my nose and mouth.
    So, this is the weggie equivalent of what, in the film business, is called a "spit shot". Sounds like pretty good technique for a weggie comedy show. Hey! Maybe weggies would excel at stand-up--if they could actually stand up long enough....

Al

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567