Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default New Member From Pittsburgh / Lost Job After I Got Sick

My name is Mike from pgh pa. I was diagnosed in February 2021. Before my diagnosis I was a mail carrier for 3 years and I had a 9 hour route I had to get done everyday by 4:00. Sometimes including overtime. I had really painful abdominal pains in my stomach so my dr told me to go to the ER right away. My neighbor took me and I was diagnosed with pneumonia. But I kept getting sicker and the doctors told me I was a mystery. My kidneys were shutting down as well and I was dying so I started praying for god to take me I was ready. I could feel myself slipping away and floating in darkness. They did a biopsy of my kidney and realized I had chronic kidney disease and wegeners which attacked my lungs and my kidneys. I also had half of my right lung removed because they thought I had cancer. Thank god I didn’t! I was in the hospital for 5 weeks. I was on dialysis for 7 months. My doctors said I can never deliver mail again. After I was released I had no guidance from my union. I was supposed to have a light duty position per the accommodation committee but instead of helping me they decided to fire me. They wanted to sweep me under the rug and forget I existed. Life’s bad enough when your sick but when you lose your job also for doing nothing wrong well let’s just say I’m lucky to be here today!
    Last edited by Snake Eyes; 12-26-2023 at 03:07 AM. Reason: Title needed more description

2. Likes chrisTIn@ liked this post